Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Smalls SAL--Ornament Exchange

This year I participated in Angela's ornament exchange. Although I haven't heard from my recipient, the post office said it's been delivered, so I'm going to show it, since it was last month's small. It is the LHN ornament from the 2012 JCS ornament issue. I was pretty faithful to the finishing. I used a wool fabric that I had and went with a navy blue ricrac instead of the green which would have been difficult to match. I changed all the colors on this from Crescent/Classic Colorworks to Weeks, except for Joshua Tree which was called for. (I can look in my project bag when I get home if you are desperate to know my changes.)

In return I received this patriotic snowman ornament. As you may know, I collect snowmen, so this will be a delightful addition to my tree. I wish I could tell you more about this, but this exchange was "no extras" and my partner took that incredibly seriously and didn't even include a note with her name on it! (Do you think they will kick me out of the club since I wrapped the ornament in tissue, put it in a plastic baggie and added a Christmas card? Have I gone totally over the top?)

That's the fun of an exchange, you just never know what you'll get!

18 comments:

Hazel said...

Oh wow they are both lovely! Haha! I can't believe the sender didn't even send a note! It may be that she belongs to another forum where they do anonymous exchanges where they are not allowed to say who sent it. I do in fact belong to one like that but haven't exchanged on it as I think its a bit weird not saying your name. Anyway, both are gorgeous. x

Pamela said...

Both are very nice, but I especially like the one you made and how you finished it. I tend to finish things the same way and need to try some new ways.

Robin in Virginia said...

I love both ornaments -- the one you stitched (and it looks great with the blue ric rac) and the one you received. I really like the patriotic snowman.

Robin in Virginia

Carol said...

I guess the stitcher of that cute snowman wanted to remain truly anonymous!! I really love that LHN one and your finishing is perfect--need to get my magazine out and stitch that one next year.

Linda said...

Two lovely ornaments Nikki.

Linda

Margaret said...

They're both great! Lol about your partner not even saying who she was. Mystery time!

Christine said...

They're both lovely. I've done totally anonymous exchanges before, maybe your partner thought this was one of those.
And yes, a zip-loc bag is definitely going WAY too far :)

Thoeria said...

Lovely ornies! I do love how you've finished yours....the navy works for me!
Hmmm.....I have to admit that I have on occassion posted off an exchange piece and only discover weeks later that the card I'd prepared was still lying in my bag......

Maggie said...

Love both the ornaments, particularly like your finishing :-)

I've just done a secret exchange (I don't usually participate in these), i too sent a card but didn't sign it because all will be reveled on the forum later, perhaps that's what your 'secret stitcher' thought.

Unknown said...

They are both very nice!

Cole said...

Looks like it was a successful exchange! Your ornament is beautiful.

Beth said...

Two wonderful ornaments - the exchange went very well I'd say...though I wonder why your snowman is frowning...

Anonymous said...

ohhh wow.. I love the design and pattern.. great pick. ;)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh golly, I love your exchange piece sent and I think your received Snowman is cute as a button!
Big Smiles on your extras :)

Beth W said...

Those are both delightful! What a fun swap. :)

Sandy In Montana said...

Your LHN piece is just beautiful. Great stitching and finishing.

Take Care & Happy Stitchin'
Hugs, Sandy

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely exchange, two great Ornies.
I like to put a note in everything I send, even EBay sales LOL

Sheryl said...

Yep, certainly over the top with the tissue paper ¿
Beautiful stitched and finished design with the ricrac